Scuba Diving ECO Internships in Bali
Do you care about the environment? In today’s world that’s a pretty loaded question. We all know that marine conservation is of increasing importance and now you have the chance to join our team at Blue Season Bali to do your part for the environment.
Go Eco and join Niels, our award winning in-house marine biologist, and the Blue Season Bali team as we give you our brand new ECO Internship program in Bali. Designed to give you the ultimate diving holiday whilst doing your bit for the underwater environment, these Eco Internships offer you, the ECO enthusiast, the scuba diving experience of a lifetime.
New in 2013: ECO & professional Divemaster program combined!
As of this year, we have 3 completely revised new Eco Internships available. For those interested in going pro, the Eco Divemaster is the best option. Not interested in going pro? Have a look at our Eco MSD programs. Or, if you don’t have so much time, consider doing a weekly Eco Internship.
Pro option: Eco Divemaster Internship – available as a 1, 2 or 4 month option.
Leisure option: Eco Master Scuba Diver – for those who don’t want to go pro (yet).
Science option: Eco Internships – weekly internships focussed on the underwater world
Pro option: Our completely renewed Eco Divemaster!
As the first one of its kind, we will conduct our renewed ECO Divemaster program. Always wanted to become a professional PADI Divemaster? Our ECO orientated Divemaster course will give you a huge advantages over other Divemasters. You will greatly improve both your dive skills and your knowledge about the marine environment. Specifially designed Eco days will improve your experience by learning more about coral reefs, identifying fish and invertebrates, oceanography and much more. If you choose for the 2 month option you will get 5 Eco PADI Specialties included: Project AWARE, Coral Reef Conservation, AWARE Fish ID, Underwater Naturalist and the new AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty. Have a look at our new ECO Divemaster schedule for 2013.
Leisure option: Eco Master Scuba Diver Internship
You have the passion but you don’t want to Go Pro. You want to dive more but also learn a bit more about the underwater world. You want to live the dive lifestyle and explore the underwater world and go places and see things you have never experienced. At Blue Season Bali we offer a 1 month MSD Internship that will give you five PADI Specialties, unlimited diving and the Master Scuba Diver rating – the highest non-professional rating in recreational scuba diving! Have a look at our Eco MSD Internship options.
Science option: Weekly ECO Internships
Also you can enhance your ECO experience by signing up for one of our 1-week ECO internships. You can choose between Coral Biology, Fish & Invertebrates, Coral Reef Ecology, or Coral Reef Conservation. Or, just do a combination of your favourite topics!
1. ECO internship – Coral Biology
The fundamentals of coral biology. What is a coral? How does it feed and reproduces itself? These are important questions to understand how a coral reef functions. Learn more…
2. ECO internship – Fish & Invertebrates
Even for experienced divers and dive instructors identifying fish can sometimes be a challenging activity. Worldwide there are about 21,000 species of fish known, and probably even 100 times more invertebrates. Learn more…
3. ECO Internship – Coral Reef Ecology
How are coral reefs formed? Where on a reef will you find certain species, and why? How do species on a reef work together? These questions all relate to the very complex marine ecosystem. Learn more…
4. ECO Internship – Coral Reef Conservation
Worldwide coral reefs are in decline. Many biological, but also abiological factors have a negative impact on the marine ecosystem: global warming, ocean acidification, but also pollution, overfishing and land reclaiming projects. Learn more…
Why take an ECO Internship?
It is now a scientifically indisputable fact that human beings are having a profound effect on our environment. On an individual basis, we can all take small steps to start improving the global situation, and ourselves in the process.
Our ECO Internships can benefit you in a number of ways:
- ECO internships are increasingly important for divers looking to gain employment in the diving industry and it looks impressive on your resume. As an ECO-Intern you’ll be involved in day to day marine research programs in Bali.
- ECO Internships are designed to help divers put their training into practice in a real-life environment and see how they can be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
- Learn in depth knowledge about coral, fishes and the marine environment.
- Show future employers that you are environmentally conscientious.
- Contribute to a growing global dataset on corals, marine debris and other marine environmental issues.
- Become a more well-rounded and travelled person.
- Dive the best sites of South East Asia and the world, including the famous USAT Liberty Wreck.
- Plus… You will have fun on the beautiful paradise island of Bali .
Our ECO Internships are run by our own marine biologist, Niels, and our Award Winning team who will ensure that your ECO Experience is educational, effective and most of all, enjoyable.
Blue Season Bali ECO Internships – Schedule and Training
Your ECO internship will be tailored to your level of training, experience and general level of confidence. Our ECO internships follow a rolling schedule with fixed starting dates. During your time with Blue Season Bali, you will be doing a mixture of activities including (depending on your internship):
- Marine Biology and Ecology lectures.
- Workshops on various subjects from shark conservation to coral ID.
- You can expend your diving skills by enrolling in various PADI Specailty courses we regularly offer.
- Take an active roll in conducting site surveys and perform CoralWatch dives.
- And you will be able to enjoy and explore Bali on your days off.
Blue Season Bali ECO Internships – Inclusions
For each of our Bali ECO Internships, we include all the of the following:
- Airport transfers (Return land transport from your hotel to Denpasar Airport, Bali).
- Twin-share accommodation in a local Balinese losmen.
- Six days of ECO Internship diving each week
- Lunch and water are included on every diving day.
Five PADI / Project AWARE Specialty courses conducted over the 4 ECO Internships:
- PADI Underwater Naturalist Specialty Course
- Project AWARE Specialty Course
- AWARE Fish ID Specialty Course
- AWARE Shark Conservation Specialty Course
- AWARE Coral Reef Conservation Specialty Course
Bali ECO Internships – Extras
There are a few extra items that you need to keep in mind for your expenses in Bali:
- Visa On Arrival fee – currently USD25 per person * Internships longer than 8 weeks will receive support for a social visit visa
- Breakfast and dinner costs
- Your personal expenses through out your stay in Bali.
- Optional overnight trips to Tulamben, Menjangan National Park. (~$20.00 and $250.00)
ECO Internships – Prerequisites:
To qualify for our ECO Internships, you must be:
- 18 years old
- No Diving experience required – If you are not already certified you can do the Open Water Diver course with us upon your arrival.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
Don’t meet the requirements right now? Don’t worry! We can conduct all prerequisite courses at the beginning of your ECO internship.
Contact us, and we’ll let you know what you need to do in order to get started on your ECO Internship today!
Is the ECO Internship fun?
Haha, you bet! We’re serious about providing the best quality ECO Internships the world has to offer, but that’s not the whole experience. You will be living and diving with other eco internship participants from all over the world. The excitement and cultural flavor of Bali makes it the setting of the diving adventure of a lifetime.